Whether you are celebrating Easter, or you just love seasonal treats, give these recipes a go and delight everyone in your household.
If creme eggs are your favourite Easter treat, these cookies will take them to another level. For this recipe you will need.
· 12 frozen Creme Eggs (large, not mini);
· 115 g Unsalted Butter;
· 175 g Light Brown Sugar;
· 1 tsp Vanilla;
· 1 Medium Egg;
· 235 g Plain Flour;
· 40 g Cocoa Powder;
· 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda;
· 1/2 tsp Salt;
· 1 tbsp Cornflour;
· 200 g Finely Chopped Chocolate (I used white, milk and dark)
Follow Jane’s Patisserie’s fool proof method here.
If you want to stick to something more traditional, Jamie Oliver's recipe is perfect for making the best chocolate hot cross buns.
· 50 g unsalted butter;
· 50 g golden caster sugar
· 1 heaped teaspoon mixed spice
· 1 whole nutmeg, for grating
· 200 ml semi-skimmed milk
· 1 large free-range egg
· 400 g strong white bread flour, plus 2 tablespoons and extra for dusting
· 50 g quality cocoa powder
· 1 x 7 g sachet of dried yeast
· 150 g quality dark chocolate (70%)
· 100 g raisins or mixed dried fruit
· 3 tablespoons runny honey
Click here to go straight to Jamie's recipe.
We'd love to see what baking you've all been up to, so share your favourite recipes and photos with us and the rest of the Gleeson community. Tag @gleeson.homes on Instagram or use #gleesonhomes.